I was recently nominated for the Liebster blog award by two fellow nail bloggers, Polish Aholic, and Lacquerism. Thanks so much to both of you!!! Both of them have awesome blogs, so you should definitely go check them out!
The rules for this challenge are:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Make up 11 new questions for the people whom you nominate for the Liebster award
- Nominate 9 blogs with less than 200 followers and let them know you nominated them by commenting on one of their posts!
- No tag backs!
Ok, so 11 facts about myself:
- As most of you already know, I have a cat named Squirrel (which is sort of where my blog name came from).
- I just graduated from college with a B.S. in European History and minors in both English and American Studies (I am a total history nerd).
- Right now, I’m working full-time as a private tutor/personal assistant for a college freshman (yes, it is exactly as fun as it sounds).
- I’m really sarcastic, so I have to be careful when writing posts because sarcasm doesn’t translate well in text.
- I live with six cats (and my parents and two sisters).
- I’m a little bit obsessed with Harry Potter, and still re-read the books at least once a year. I’m actually still sad about the fact that it’s over. (I also love the Hunger Games, but really don’t like Twilight – and yes, I have read the books).
- In my spare time, I’m usually either reading or knitting and watching episodes of various TV shows (I’m in the middle of season two of Game of Thrones at the moment – how was I not watching this already?!)
- My favorite color is gray, which I know seems kind of depressing, but I just think it’s really pretty and goes with everything.
- The only thing I have more of than bottles of nail polish is books – dusty, old books are my weakness!
- I got into nail polish because painting my nails while watching a movie or some TV at the end of a long day is really relaxing for me. Deciding to write a blog just turned it into an obsession.
- I am obsessively organized in every part of my life except my bedroom, which is always a complete disaster.
I’m going to answer the questions from Polish Aholic first (because she nominated me first) so here goes:
1. If you could choose any job you want, regardless of your diplomas and experience, what would that be and why? I would love to be a novelist. I’m working on it, but I’m too self-critical to actually finish anything.
2. What is your favorite beauty brand? I don’t wear a lot of makeup, and I’m allergic to most brands, so I’d say Neutrogena or Almay. For nail polish, I like Essie, but there’s really too many to name.
3. If you receive one million cash, how would you spend it? Honestly, I’d probably pay off my debt from college, buy myself some new clothes, and save the rest. Maybe buy myself a place to live.
4. Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter and why? Winter: I love the cold and snow (which I sadly won’t get this year), and hate when it’s above 70 degrees out.
5. What is your absolutely favorite food? I love to cook and try new things, so this changes a lot, but I could probably live off of sushi and potato chips.
6. If you had the option to change a part of your body what would you change and why? I have a really long waist and really short legs, so it’s hard to find clothes that fit right (shirts are too short and pants are way too long), so I’d probably change that.
7. Red or white wine? White. Pretty sure I’m allergic to red, actually.
8. If you could make a wish, what would that be and why? This one is hard. Um, I guess I would wish that the economy improves. I’ve seen way too many people struggling because of the lack of jobs.
9. What is the one thing that you cannot leave behind when you’re going away? My phone – if only for the GPS because I get lost a lot.
10. What beauty product is the #1 on your wishlist? Nail polish! I really can’t think of anything specific.
11. What is your biggest fear? Getting caught up in the day to day activities of life and forgetting to actually enjoy it.
And now the questions from Laquerism:
1. What other beauty product do you have a fetish for? I’m a total sucker for Smith’s Rosebud Salve. It’s amazing! Pretty sure I have at least seven of them lying around somewhere.
2. What role on a TV show do you think you could play? I’m a horrible actress, so maybe a character somewhat similar to me? Like a student. I think I could do that.
3. What was your favorite age growing up? Probably like 6 or 7.
4. If you could paint one celebrities nails, who would it be? Hmmm… I think doing Anne Hathaway’s nails would be fun. I’m a big fan and she seems like such a nice and interesting person.
5. What was the worst nail polish you’ve bought? I hate to say it because I love Essie, but A Crewed Interest has a terrible formula and the color is nice, but doesn’t really get along with my skintone.
6. Which is more popular, make-up or nail polish? Probably nail polish.
7. If you could have an X-men character power, what would it be? I think I’d go with Phoenix’s powers. It’d be cool to know and influence what people are thinking. (I’m not super familiar with X-men, so I had to look that up.)
8. What made you decide to start your blog? Honestly, boredom. And I wanted an excuse to buy more nail polish.
9. What’s your favorite TV commercial? Why? Wow, I have no idea. I haven’t been watching much (live) TV lately.
10. Best nail trend Nail art in general. I love seeing it everywhere!
11. Worst nail trend Duck bill nails! It seriously grosses me out just looking at them.
Now the blogs I would like to nominate (this is hard!):
- Young Wild and Polished (amazing nail art all the time, and some serious water-marbling skills, plus her collection is to die for)
- Polish Pixelle (my source for indie – and mainstream – polish swatches & excellent nail art)
- Mr. Candiipants (super amazing, super adorable, and super quirky nail art)
- Windestine (she also makes ah-mazing polishes)
- Naildays (amazingly cute -and well-done – nail art and a great tutorial for DIY water decals!)
- The Little Canvas (she’s done some of the cutest and most creative nail art I’ve ever seen)
- Lacquer Care Factor (her collection is every lacquerhead’s dream, and her manis are always perfect)
- Work Play Polish (seriously flawless nail art and always great color combinations)
- Muffin Nails (ridiculously creative nail art + helpful reviews + great tutorials = awesome)
And finally, the questions I made up (this is seriously the longest post ever, right?):
- If you had to pick a single nail polish to wear for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
- Which hard to find/get polish (that you don’t already have) do you want most?
- What’s your all-time favorite book?
- If you made up a nail art challenge, what would be the theme?
- Which is bigger: your polish stash, or your wishlist?
- What is your favorite hobby that does not involve nail polish?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What was the most exciting moment of your blogging career so far?
- What is your favorite mani that you’ve done?
- Big city or small town?
- What was your biggest polish splurge?
Ok, it’s over. This seriously took me like two hours! If any of you read the whole post, I applaud you. Thank you again for the nominations Polish Aholic and Lacquerism! And I can’t wait to see the other bloggers’ posts 🙂