2012 has been a big year, so I thought I’d do an end-of the year post. This blog is almost a year old, and I can’t believe how much it has grown! I started The Polish Squirrel in February (on leap day!), just because I needed something to do. Nail blogging allowed me to write and share my love of nail polish. I honestly didn’t think anyone would read it, and the amount of support I have gotten is amazing! I also had no idea that the nail blogging community (yes, it’s a thing) would be so supportive and welcoming, and I’m glad I started this blog if only because I have made so many new friends. So thank you all! I really appreciate each and every one of my readers, and I hope to keep blogging and improving my posts, nail art, and photos.
Here are some highlights for 2012:
- I published my first post (at I believe 4 am) on February 29 on butter LONDON All Hail the Queen. Check it out here.
- I completed the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge. You can see all the posts here.
- My polish collection grew from maybe 30 bottles to over 500. Insane, right?
- I started a Twitter account and a Facebook page for the blog.
- I graduated from college – with honors!
- I moved (with my cat and all my polishes) from Boston back to Southern California after graduating.
- I’ve had the worst job of my life (which taught me a lot), almost took a job that turned out to be an international scam (seriously), and am ending the year as a part-time tutor. Apparently that’s what a BS in European History is worth 😉
- I met some amazing new nail-blogging friends.
- I discovered indie polish, and a few new mainstream brands.
- I discovered Ulta (and bought waaay too many bottles of OPI).
- And, most importantly, I’ve probably the best year I’ve had in a while. I know this is kind of cheesy, but I love that, even when my day is unbelievably bad, I still get to read all the supportive comments and tweets from my readers and I know that I’m doing something right.
And, for all of you that stuck through all that text (and maybe actually read it), here are some picture highlights (check out how much my pictures and nails have changed – crazy!):
What was your favorite part of 2012? What are you looking forward to in 2013?