So, I feel really bad about life getting in the way of this blog. I’ve been working so much lately that whenever I’m home, I just want to sleep. Or watch shows on Netflix and read Buzzfeed because my brain is incapable of forming coherent sentences after fourteen hours of work (including an hour and a half commute). Anyway, I just want to say that I’m sorry. So, I decided to add an exciting new feature to my blog! I’m really hoping it actually works out. Are you ready for this?
The Polish Squirrel will now feature posts written by YOU!
So here’s how it’s going to work. If you would like to write a post for this blog, shoot me an email at email@example.com. Tell me what you would like to do, or I can help you come up with something awesome, and, once I give you the ok, start writing! Email me the finished post, I will schedule it on the blog, and then I’ll let you know when it’s going live!
Now, to thank you all for being awesome and helping me out, I’ve decided to give out a small surprise prize to the reader whose post gets the most likes/comments by May 31. To try and make it a little more fair, only posts posted before May 21 will be eligible. (I may do another contest type thing if this works out, so don’t worry about missing it.)
And since I would like to protect my blog, there will be a few rules:
- I reserve the right to edit any and all posts for grammar (helping you out here ☺), profanity, inappropriateness, and/or incorrect facts. I will send you a final draft before the post goes live.
- I also reserve the right to decline your post if it is inappropriate, violates copyrights, or is not your own work (ex: stolen from another blogger). YOU CAN ADD YOUR OWN WATERMARKS to pictures if you would like. If you do not watermark your pictures, I will include whatever name you wish to use along with mine, to give you credit if the pics happen to show up on Google, etc. If I find out your post was stolen from someone else, it will be taken down, and you will be banned from guest posting.
- Since I really don’t want to give any of you my password, I will be doing all the posting, so if you want your pics in a certain spot within the post, let me know, otherwise I will arrange them as I see fit.
- Within reason, you can request a certain date for your post to go live, as long as it has not been previously claimed. So, if you want it posted on your dog’s birthday, I can work with you.
- I would prefer you not post a swatch of a polish I’ve already posted, but I am flexible on this.
- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A BLOGGER to participate! I would love to hear from you even if this will be your first blog post ever.
- In order to be eligible for the prize, you must live in the US (sorry, shipping is expensive), but you can live anywhere in the world to participate (as long as your post is in English or can be translated adequately).
- Multiple submissions will be accepted, but if you have already posted, I’m going to give everyone else a chance to post once, first, to make it fair.
- If I don’t respond within a reasonable amount of time, either something bad happened, or, more likely, you email went into my junk folder. So if it’s been two days and you haven’t heard back, the safest bet is probably to contact me via Twitter, Facebook, or a comment on this post, because I always get those.
- Lastly, and this is probably obvious, the post must be about something related to nails and/or nail polish. Swatches, nail art, and nail care product reviews are all acceptable. Videos will be reviewed on an individual basis, and must be hosted on your own youtube channel (if I don’t have time for posts, I don’t have time for uploading, sorry!).
If you’re not sure about anything, ask me!
I’m really hoping that this works out, because I’m really excited to see what you all come up with, and I would love to give you the opportunity to have others see your work. I don’t have a huge readership, but it’s something, and obviously I like you guys, or I wouldn’t be doing this. So, if you’re maybe thinking about starting a blog, try this out. If you have a blog and want to promote it, that’s cool, too. Or if you have pics of that awesome nail art that only your cat got to see, post it here!